The deadline for FY2024 Large Grants Applications is nearly here!
The Reservoir Fisheries Habitat Partnership (RFHP) is pleased to request proposals for partial funding of reservoir fisheries habitat enhancement projects. The RFHP is a national partnership established to promote and facilitate the conservation of habitat for fish and other aquatic species in reservoir systems through collaborative actions that contribute to:
- Protect, restore and enhance fish habitat in reservoir systems to support productive fisheries and healthy aquatic ecosystems including techniques to account for climate change effects on reservoir fisheries habitat;
- Continue to develop/refine the science behind reservoir habitat conservation/restoration, including development and communication of Best Management Practices;
- Manage reservoir systems to provide, protect and enrich quality of life for the American people;
- Develop and foster partnerships that implement landscape-scale approaches to the conservation of fish habitat in reservoir systems;
- Develop and sustain institutional arrangements and sources of funding to support the long-term conservation of fish habitat in reservoir systems;
- Support education and outreach initiatives that advance public awareness and understanding of the value of healthy reservoir systems.
Proposed projects can be focused on habitat issues in the reservoir proper and/or in watersheds above the reservoir and/or tailwaters below. We suggest that you review the Reservoir Partnership’s Best Management Practices manual “Reservoir Habitat Management” that can be found at https://www.friendsofreservoirs.com/science/best-management-practices-manual/ for assistance in project planning.
Proposals must be submitted using the Reservoir Fisheries Habitat Partnership online submission form. Go to https://www.friendsofreservoirs.com/grants/submit-a-project/large-grant/
Applications are due February 15, 2023. Learn more at https://www.friendsofreservoirs.com/grants/submit-a-project/large-grant/