RESERVOIR FISHERIES HABITAT PARTNERSHIP
4-6 October 2019, Kansas City, KS
The Reservoir Fisheries Habitat Partnership (RFHP) will be holding its 10th Annual Meeting at the Hollywood Casino https://www.hollywoodcasinokansas.com/in Kansas City, Kansas. The meeting will be held Friday through Sunday, 4-6 October, 2019. Lunch will be provided to the participants on the 6th and an Awards Banquet will be held on Saturday evening. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Hollywood Inn Express (1931 Prairie Crossing/Parallel, Kansas City, KS 66111) https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/kansas-city/mkcpp/hoteldetail at government rates ($125/night) for the RFHP meeting on October 3rd – 5th. Attendees are to make their own room reservations by calling 913-328-1024. Be sure to reserve your room under our room block listed under “Friends of Reservoirs”.
Highlights of this year’s meeting will be a dredge demonstration on Friday morning sponsored by Kansas Wildlife Parks and Tourism and a half-day workshop on reservoir habitat restoration Best Management Practices. Topics to be covered include:
- Nuisance aquatic vegetation
- Establishing native vegetation
- Nutrient control
- Shoreline Stabilization
Instructors include many of the individuals that contributed to the Reservoir Habitat Management Manual https://www.friendsofreservoirs.com/science/best-management-practices-manual/ .
A $100 registration fee will be charged onsite to defer travel costs of workshop speakers. Attendees should register online by going to: https://www.friendsofreservoirs.com/event/2019-annual-meeting/ Friends of Reservoirs will provide free rooms and registration for Friday and Saturday nights to FOR members. Contact Jeff Boxrucker if you are requesting gratis rooms and registration (firstname.lastname@example.org). Individuals need to make their own room reservations and reserve on their own credit cards; those receiving gratis rooms will have the bill transferred to RFHP master upon arrival at the meeting.
- Fly into Kansas City International Airport (25 miles from hotel)
- Airport shuttle services are available at https://www.flykci.com/getting-to-from/ground-transportation/shuttle-services/ The hotel recommended 5 Guys and/or Super Shuttle
- Kansas Wildlife Parks and Tourism may be able to provide transportation from airport to hotel, if arrival schedules can be coordinated
- Copy Jeff Boxrucker (email@example.com) with itinerary and we may be able to match you up with others renting cars and/or KWPT if you do not wish to use the shuttle
- Hotel has free onsite continental breakfast
- RFHP will provide lunch on Oct. 5th and 6th
- Awards banquet on Oct. 5th (evening)
- Dinner on attendees own on Oct. 4th
Schedule at a glance:
|October 4||Dredge Demonstration||9:00-11:30|
|RFHP Business Meeting||1:00-5:00|
|October 5||Reservoir Habitat Restoration Workshop||8:00-12:00|
|Lunch (provided by RFHP onsite)||12:00-1:00|
Lunch (provided by RFHP onsite)
A more detailed program will be made available as plans develop.
Become a Contributing Sponsor
Become a part of projects that need your support.