Beaver Watershed Alliance and Arkansas Game and Fish Commission successfully completed deliverables, met target outcomes on time and documented results for the Fish Habitat Enhancement Project on Beaver Lake and Tributary Clifty Creek, Arkansas project. A final report will be completed in 2023.
- 300 linear feet of streambank and stream channel restored along Big Clifty Creek
- Six acres of riparian buffer enhanced with Ozark native plants
- Local demonstration site for landowners to visit to learn more on stream restoration
- Improved water quality in Beaver Lake
- 130 fish habitat sites in Beaver Lake
- 31 easily-accessible fish habitat structures near public access areas and shoreline fishing locations
- Improved angler catch and satisfaction rates
- Ongoing evaluation using forward-facing sonar and creel surveys
- Education and awareness to over 20,000 stakeholders in the watershed
Amazing work, Beaver Watershed Alliance! We are so proud to call you a Friends of Reservoirs member!