- This event has passed.
2019 Annual Meeting
October 4, 2019 @ 9:00 am - October 6, 2019 @ 12:00 pm CDT$100
The Annual Meeting of Friends of Reservoirs and the Reservoir Fisheries Habitat Partnership is coming up in October!
The Reservoir Fisheries Habitat Partnership (RFHP) will be holding its 10th Annual Meeting at the Hollywood Casino (https://www.hollywoodcasinokansas.com/) in Kansas City, Kansas. The meeting will be held Friday through Sunday, 4-6 October, 2019. Lunch will be provided to the participants on the 6th and an Awards Banquet will be held on Saturday evening.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Hollywood Inn Express (1931 Prairie Crossing/Parallel, Kansas City, KS 66111) https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/kansas-city/mkcpp/hoteldetail at government rates ($125/night) for the RFHP meeting on October 3rd – 5th. Attendees are to make their own room reservations by calling 913-328-1024. Be sure to reserve your room under our room block listed under “Friends of Reservoirs”.
Highlights of this year’s meeting will be a dredge demonstration on Friday morning sponsored by Kansas Wildlife Parks and Tourism and a half-day workshop on reservoir habitat restoration Best Management Practices. Topics to be covered include:
- Nuisance aquatic vegetation
- Establishing native vegetation
- Nutrient control
- Shoreline Stabilization
Instructors include many of the individuals that contributed to the Reservoir Habitat Management Manual https://www.friendsofreservoirs.com/science/best-management-practices-manual/ .
A $100 registration fee will be charged onsite to defer travel costs of workshop speakers. Friends of Reservoirs will provide free rooms and registration for Friday and Saturday nights to FOR members. Contact Jeff Boxrucker if you are requesting gratis rooms and registration (email@example.com). Individuals need to make their own room reservations and reserve on their own credit cards; those receiving gratis rooms will have the bill transferred to RFHP master upon arrival at the meeting.
- Fly into Kansas City International Airport (25 miles from hotel)
- Airport shuttle services are available at https://www.flykci.com/getting-to-from/ground-transportation/shuttle-services/ The hotel recommended 5 Guys and/or Super Shuttle
- Kansas Wildlife Parks and Tourism may be able to provide transportation from airport to hotel, if arrival schedules can be coordinated
- Copy Jeff Boxrucker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with itinerary and we may be able to match you up with others renting cars and/or KWPT if you do not wish to use the shuttle
- Hotel has free onsite continental breakfast
- RFHP will provide lunch on Oct. 5th
- Awards banquet on Oct. 5th (evening)
- Dinner on attendees own on Oct. 4th
Schedule at a glance:
|October 4||Dredge Demonstration||9:00-11:30|
|RFHP Business Meeting||1:00-5:00|
|October 5||Reservoir Habitat Restoration Workshop||8:00-12:00|
|Lunch (provided by RFHP onsite)||12:00-1:00|
|October 6||Technical Session||8:00-12:00|
A more detailed program will be made available as plans develop.